Present this thank you coin to an individual or business who contributed to the success of your chapter of the National Elementary Honor Society. The recipient will enjoy and cherish this token of your appreciation for years to come. Coin is 1¾" in diameter.
Ten Ways to Use the NEHS Thank-You Coin
The annual catalog of insignia for 2012-2013 contained a new item – thank you coins. Along with the new officer coins, this new product gives advisers many options for use. Here are a few suggestions from the national staff.
I. As a Token of Appreciation
- Gift to community businesses or organizations that contribute financially or in kind to the chapter or chapter activities at a pre-determined nominal level
- Presented to individual staff or community members who have made substantial contributions of time, instruction or engagement in support of the chapter
- Given as a year-end recognition to a member of the faculty or administration for support and/or role model for chapter members - nominated and selected by the chapter members
- Given to members of the student body who have been heavily engaged / actively supported and/or made significant contributions of time and talents to the chapter
- Given to the members of the Faculty Council in recognition for their service to the chapter each year
- Given to the keynote speaker at the annual induction ceremony
II. As a Challenge Coin
- Presented to chapter members for whom adviser has received 2 or more unsolicited letters or messages from faculty or administration praising the members for actions or efforts that are related to their honor society roles.
- Presented to chapter members that have presented themselves in exemplary ways through their roles in the chapter by their actions, effort, and achievement
- Presented to committee chairpersons in recognition for their work for the chapter during the school year
- Presented to the chapter member who has earned the highest cumulative GPA – one per grade level represented in the chapter membership
Other uses? Send suggested uses for these coins to email@example.com so we can add them to our list.